Forum

Este espaço foi criado para possibilitar a troca de ideias, opiniões, receber feedback, perguntas ou dúvidas about English, não apenas especificamente quanto a algum dos livros do autor, como também a aspectos linguísticos de interesse dos colegas professores, de alunos, ou demais amantes da língua inglesa. Utilize o espaço abaixo para isso. Be my guest!

Topic: Forum

Re:Re:Erros de traducao

Data: 31-08-2011 | De: William

Imitacao de Dryden: John Dryden foi um teórico ingles de traducao. Imitacao de Dryden é sumir com o texto original e fazer outro no lugar com o mesmo tema. Bem em Crystal Ball temos: Original- Come see your life in my crystal glass Sua traducao-Vejo sua vida com muita alegria na bola de cristal aqui ao lado. (Onde está "much happy" no original? Nao tem a expressao correspondente do "aqui ao lado" no original;nao tem na sua traducao o correspondente de "come"). Original-Twenty-five cents is all you pay (Nao há esse trecho traduzido.) Original- Here's what you had for lunch today. Sua Traducao- Dizer o que voce comeu ao meio-dia. (Nao seria: Aqui está o que você almoçou hoje/você comeu hoje no almoco). Vou só comentar os demais trechos: "stewed tomatoes" (sua tradução: tomates de lata--->não seria:tomates cozidos?); "lemon mousse" (sua tradução: musse de romã---> não seria mousse de limão?). O resto do poema nem precisa comentar, a tradução está "a little bit far" do original. Há outros textos com o mesmo tipo de problema, como o Hypnotized (New Password, vol. 3, pg. 34,2003).Por favor, professor isso não é uma afronta, quem sou eu pra me comparar com Amadeu Marques? Mas quero contribuir com seu trabalho. Se quiser me escrever algo, meu email é william.andrade2010@hotmail.com Obrigado pela atenção, William

ABOUT BOOKS

Data: 14-06-2011 | De: Solange Pereira Martins

Quantos textos de seus livros me encantaram e passei para meus alunos hoje ...My mistake, An envelope, Give her the baby...tudo isso também encantaram meus alunos...sinto saudades de momentos tão bons que passei na minha escola.

Re:ABOUT BOOKS

Data: 17-06-2011 | De: Amadeu Marques

Cara Solange,

Many thanks for your kind words about my books. My mistake e The Envelope estão no English 1, sim, mas esse Give her the Baby ... doesn´t ring a bell, I´m afraid, deve ser em livro de outro autor. Anyway, muito grato de novo, estou atualmente trabalhando justamente numa versão atualizada desse English 1, quem sabe um dia sai!

Best wishes,
Amadeu Marques

A poem may change a life.

Data: 19-05-2011 | De: Silvania Capua Carvalho

To tell you that the poem in your book read in a 8th grade class in 1978, by my English teacher , here in Feira de Santana, made me the inspiration to learn the language and speak so beautiful like my teacher when she read, I have become an English teacher because of that.
The poem below from English I book:
Not too far from our gray cities,
There are skies so clear and blue,
There are beaches, there are valleys,
Where the sweet sun shines on you.

So, count your garden by the flowers
Never by the leaves that fall;
Count your days by golden hours
Don´t remember clouds at all.

Count your night by stars, not shadows
Count you life with smiles, not tears,
And with joy through all your lifetime
Count your age by friends, not years.

Go to church

Data: 08-01-2011 | De: Magnólia

What's better to say.
Go to church or Go to the church.
I prefer Go to church

Re:Go to church

Data: 09-01-2011 | De: Amadeu Marques

When you say "go to church" you mean "go to a church to worship". For example, "My parents are deeply religious. They go to church every Sunday morning."
You could use "go to the church", but in a different context, when there is no idea of going there to worship. For example, "When we were in Ouro Preto, we went to the church where my parents were married."

Re:Re:Go to church

Data: 15-01-2011 | De: Magnolia

Aleijadinho was an architect, he designed and constructed the Church of St. Francis of Assis using slaves artworks.

After listening and reading

Data: 02-01-2011 | De: João B. L. Ghizoni

Hi again, Amadeu!
I've just read all your articles/essays and listened to all the podcasts (which are in Atica's site), and felt I had to come back here to say how fortunate I feel for having the chance to read and listen to all that!
I could use many adjectives to describe it all. But I'd say the podcasts are highly humane! I had the impression you were were just beside me, talking to me like a friend! That's why you're such a star in the Brazilian English language teaching market!
I'll be looking forward to listening to and reading news pieces in the near future!
Oh, yes! Congratulations on the choice of your LINKS by MEC.
All the very best!

Re:After listening and reading

Data: 05-01-2011 | De: Amadeu Marques

Thank you for your kind words, João, my old friend. Happy New Year!

Just to congratulate!

Data: 02-01-2011 | De: João B. L. Ghizoni

Amadeu!
I've just come into contact with your wonderful site, and am absorbed by it! It's so rich! But I still haven't seen two parts that will take more of my time: the podcasts and your articles and essays. I'll certainly write again here to tell you what I think of them, okay?
As I was looking at the book covers, I remembered the good old times when I started studying English on my own. I bought one of the series -- Time for English, student's version -- and filled it in from cover to cover. That was great learning, which I'll never forget!
Thanks for presenting us with such a nice site!
All the very best to you.
And I wish you a WONDERFUL 2011!

<< 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 >>

Novo comentário